Banner record transfer backs up graduation fair

Kristine Gill

The graduation fair originally scheduled for Feb. 28 through March 1 has been pushed to the end of March. The delay will allow graduation advisers to review graduation records that have been moved to the new Banner system.

The dates and times for commencement will not be affected.

Kelly Daw, coordinator for University Ceremonies and Academic Affairs Events, said not all records had been entered before the new system started running.

NEW DATES AND TIMES FOR GRADUATION FAIR

• Thursday March 27, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

• Friday March 28, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

• Saturday March 29, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

• Second floor of the Student Center

“We had to stop entering the list in January for the switch,” Daw said. “Now there are groups of 50 to100 students that still need to be added.”

Daw said the registrar and the provost decided to push the fair back to make sure all records were right before graduation. Delaying the fair will allow advisers to check the records for accuracy before the graduation process begins.

“We don’t want to start this process with the graduation fair if the information isn’t all right,” Daw said.

The information that is being checked in Banner includes who will graduate and will effect the order in which students will walk across the stage in May.

If students can’t make the new dates for the fair, they can still get the information by calling or visiting the graduation Web site. Daw said information packets will be mailed to students who don’t make it to the fair to pick them up.

For more details about graduation visit www.kent.edu/ksugraduation.

Contact academic affairs reporter Kristine Gill at [email protected].