Dear presidential candidates,

It’s been a long road so far, we know.

Mud has been slung, debates have been held, delegates have been won and, of course, visits have been made.

Each of you have stumped many times a day around this beautiful country. And as of late, many of you’ve been spending a lot of time in our great state of Ohio. It’s a beautiful state, isn’t it? We have plenty of historic sites, beautiful scenery and an important bloc of voters.

We’ve seen you in places such as Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo, Akron and Youngstown, kissing babies, shaking hands and reaching out to the electorate.

But there’s just one problem. No one has made it to Kent. We’ve got babies too, and we definitely have an electorate.

Kent State has a reputation of being one of the most politically active universities in the country. After all, the phrases politically active and Kent State were almost synonymous after May 4, 1970.

But apart from Kent State’s political history, there’s no excuse, not a single candidate has made a trip to our university, which is the third largest in the state. There are more than 22,000 students at the Kent campus. That means 22,000 potential voters.

Sure, many students have already made up their mind for whom they’re going to vote, but visiting a college campus gets the whole student body energized.

Also, a visit to Kent State wouldn’t just be an attempt to reach Northeast Ohio voters. We have students from all over the state.

There are rumors that a presidential candidate or someone close to his or her campaign will make a stop in the M.A.C. Center sometime this week, but nothing’s been confirmed. But still, we’re a campus without a candidate.

Please. Someone come to Kent State. Hell, we’ll take Ron Paul or Mike Huckabee. We’re sure it’ll be better than Kal Penn and Jerry Springer.

Sincerely,

DKS Editorial Board