International Affairs event to focus on community interaction

Denise Wright

Students and community members will have the opportunity to join international students in celebrating the end of the semester, while welcoming the beginning of winter.

The Office of International Affairs will host Winter Wondering from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. tomorrow at the Ice Arena. The annual event will include ice skating and refreshments.

Immigration compliance specialist Tafara Burutsa said there will also be handouts available on how to prepare for winter, which is especially helpful for first-year international students.

Burutsa said unlike past Winter Wondering events, this year’s event focuses more on community interaction and less on the handouts, although he encourages people to take them.

“It’s more of a chance to watch the community interact with international students,” Burutsa said. “Better yet, it’s a chance not just to watch, but to participate.”

The event will be held during regular Ice Arena hours, so skate rentals are regular price. However, there will be a discounted admission rate of $3, and admission is free for international students who have paid the student activity fee.

Those planning to attend are asked to RSVP to the Office of International Affairs at (330) 672-3243 or [email protected].

— Denise Wright