Don’t lose it; The FlashCard is your key to KSU

Sarah McGrath

Plastic can make survival anywhere much easier and more convenient, but at Kent State there’s one card that does it all: the FlashCard.

The FlashCard lets students purchase food on their meal plans, buy groceries, visit the DeWeese Health Center, workout at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center, get into Kent State sporting events and even make copies at the University Library.

“Most students get their FlashCard during the PASS registration program,” said Joseph Dunn, senior business manager for FlashCard operations. “It’s the ID for campus.”

The FlashCard also has the ability to act as a debit card for students on and off campus. By depositing Flashcash onto their FlashCards, students can make purchases at certain locations off campus.

With a FlashCard and Flashcash, students can buy groceries at Acme, get a tan at Sol Tan and play golf at the Kent State University Golf Course.

Dunn said it is easy to make deposits on FlashCards.

Students can go to the FlashCard office, visit its Web site or use the deposit machines located in the Student Center and the library to make a deposit.

Parents can also make deposits online through guest access.

Students who lose their FlashCard can go to the FlashCard office or Web site to have the account shut down, and they can get a new card for $5. Students can also bring broken cards in to the FlashCard office and have them replaced for free.

For more information about the FlashCard and all the places it is accepted on and off campus go the FlashCard Web site at http://www.kent.edu/FlashCard/FlashCardHome.cfm.

Contact news correspondent Sarah McGrath at [email protected].

USE YOUR FLASHCASH

Did your parents put tons of extra FlashCash on your FlashCard? You can use FlashCash at these locations in and around Kent (But remember, your meal plan and FlashCash are different things):

• Burger King

• DuBois Bookstore

• Europe Gyro

• Acme

• East of Chicago Pizza

• Sheetz

• Giant Eagle

• Subway

• Pizza Hut

• Pufferbelly

• Parking Services

• DeWeese Health Center