Kent State cancels on-campus events through July 4 due to COVID-19

Kent State has cancelled all on-campus activities, events, summer camps and conferences sponsored by the university due to ongoing concerns of the COVID-19 pandemic. This also includes events sponsored by community members who use Kent campus to host.

Earlier this semester, the university announced the cancellation of the 2020 Porthouse Theatre season and Kent Blossom Music Festival season.

This announcement extends a previous decision that cancelled all spring activities from mid-March through early May, including the May 4 50th Commemoration Weekend events and the postponement of all Spring Commencement ceremonies and pre-commencement celebrations.

As previously announced, Kent State will continue with remote instruction for the summer academic offerings during Intersession (May 14–June 3), Summer I (June 4–July 8) and Summer II (June 4–July 29).

The university will continue to monitor the development of COVID-19 and plans to make a decision by late May regarding Summer III (July 9–Aug. 12) and other courses that begin on or after July 9, according to an email from the university Monday morning. By late May, Kent State also plans to make a decision regarding whether on-campus events and activities scheduled after July 4 will continue.

Contact Maria McGinnis at [email protected]