Student Advancement

Megan Lynn v. Theodore Trimm

Editor’s note: Today, the undergraduate student body is voting for future senators of the Undergraduate Student Senate. A number of the candidates have sent in columns detailing why your vote should belong to them.

Student Advancement: This senator will coordinate and oversee all areas of projects that will benefit the undergraduate student body.

Theodore Trimm

When asked to write a column for today’s paper, I was more than a little apprehensive. What could I possibly write about myself that would convince the readers to vote for me? What could I possibly write that would make myself not look like a bumbling idiot? I’ve always had a hard time writing about myself, so I’ve decided to take this in a different direction.

I would like to take the rest of my allotted space to thank the people in my life who have supported me thus far and will continue to support me, regardless of the outcome of today’s election. First, thank you to everyone who has supported my campaign, from my campaign manager Christopher Taylor and my publicity manager Marina Bach to all my friends and chosen family who have been there for me from the beginning. Thank you to the Kent Interhall Council 2005-2006 Executive Board. These dedicated student leaders, who know who they are, were there for me during some of the most difficult times of my collegiate career, and for that, I will be forever in their debt. Thank you to the Executive Boards and members of BUS, PRIDE!Kent, S.A.L.S.A., and Kent State NAACP for all the love and support. Without all of you, I would not be the person that I am today. Thanks to my new family in the Kent State Gospel Choir for all the love and harmonious music. Even if I occasionally sing off-key, there is no section like the Tenors. Many thanks to the First Year Colloquium Student Instructor Training Section 001. Those early morning Saturday sessions and ice breakers were made so much better because of all of you. Finally, thank you to everyone who has already or will vote for me in today’s election. It means the world to me, and if elected, I will make all of you proud.

No comment available from Megan Lynn.