Residence halls feud during KIC game night

Sarah McGrath

Kent Interhall Council hosts game show, gives away prizes

Freshman public relations major Jenn Yokley and senior biology major Shawn Szymecki buzz in to answer the survey at the Kent Interhall Council version of Family Feud. Residents of different dorms battled to win prizes like a pool table and a big screen te

Credit: Ron Soltys

The Kiva was transformed into to a television show set last night when the game show “Family Feud” came to Kent State.

For the program, hosted by Kent Interhall Council, eight teams of students from residence halls across campus competed for prizes that would go to their residence halls.

From answering questions about sports to life in the residence halls, students participating in the game show cheered for their fellow teammates and students. Some even went so far as to hum the theme song for “Family Feud.”

“The KIC executive board had a great time participating in the competition and being in the audience,” said KIC President Traci Sanders. “It was great to see all the creative responses that students came up with.”

“It’s fun to see a new tradition come to life,” Sanders said.

Prizes were awarded to the teams that placed first, second and third. The prizes consisted of a 7-foot pool table, a 32-inch digital TV and a foosball table.

First-place winners from Manchester and Fletcher Halls chose the pool table as their prize. Second and third places went to Verder Hall, which received the TV, and Upper Plaza, which won the foosball table.

“I feel ecstatic,” said Laura Pitman, freshman English major from Fletcher Hall, about winning the game. “We wanted to get our pool table fixed but now we don’t have to because we have a brand new one.”

Contact room and board reporter Sarah McGrath at [email protected].