Dive into ‘Stranger Than Fiction’

Jeff Russ

The Student Recreation and Wellness Center will host a late-night, Dive-In movie in the pool tomorrow from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Students will have the option of watching the movie, Stranger Than Fiction, while sitting in an inner tube in the rec center’s pool.

The movie is free, but Kent State students need their FlashCards to get in.

Besides the movie, free food will also be available, including a taco bar. Nachos and other typical movie snacks such as popcorn, candy and soda will also be served.

Food will not be allowed in the pool, said Paula Murray, assistant director of marketing at the center.

Chairs will be set up around the pool’s perimeter so students who do not want to watch the movie in the pool can also attend, Murray said.

For those who do, both Murray and Student Marketing Coordinator Jason Hawk, recommend getting to the center early. At previous Dive-In movies, the inner tubes ran out quickly.

Murray expects a big crowd because last year’s event brought in 450 people, and she suggests getting to the rec center by 9:30 p.m. People will be turned away if the pool area reaches maximum capacity.

Kylan Ward, community relations member of the Student Recreation Council, has been on both sides of the Dive-In, both as a lifeguard and as a student attending the event.

“This is a good way to hang out and talk to people,” the sophomore psychology major said.

Based on the success of the last movie, Murray said she believes this one will be just as fun.

“There were no incidents, no fighting, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves,” she said.

Contact Student Recreation and Wellness Center reporter Jeff Russ at [email protected].