International Film Society hopes to raise from the dead

Blood, gore and zombies will take center stage at the Kiva tonight at 7 p.m. The International Film Society and Speed Freak Productions are presenting two films by director Luke Campbell.

Teenage Zombie House Massacre and The Red Skulls will be shown. Campbell will be present between films to speak about the progression of the Speed Freak Films over the years. He will also be available to answer questions.

“It is important for students to attend this event because it involves local film makers, and it is neat to see how fellow students are making films,” said Kent Weaver, senior business management major. “Teenage Zombie House Massacre is the first film they made, and The Red Skulls is the most recent film they have made. It will be cool to see how much they have accomplished.”

The International Film Society has existed on campus more than 30 years as a non profit student organization. Last year the organization suffered a blow when its funding was significantly reduced for the spring of 2005. With the help of new president Kent Weaver, the organization reformed with weekly meetings and a zombie-themed semester was planned for this spring.

Last semester the organization co-sponsored events such as Halloween Ball and Margaret Cho with PRIDE!Kent.

Admission is free for students, and $2 for non-students.

– Nicole King

.