Discounted Indians tickets and festival kick off College 360

Kent State students can get Indians tickets to tonight’s game against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays for $5. All students have to do is go to the Jacob’s Field box office before the game and show their college I.D. to get the discounted tickets.

Prior to the game, students can enjoy live music, free food and giveaways, said Jeff Parsons, project associate for College 360, which is sponsoring the event. Both the discount tickets to the game and the pre-game kickoff are part of the Full Circle Festival, which begins at 5:30 p.m. at Gateway Plaza.

“This event is a way for students to kick off an initiative that will benefit the region,” Parsons said.

That initiative is College 360, a new effort sponsored by the Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education to promote Northeast Ohio as a good place to live and work. Kent State is one of 24 schools participating.

“This initiative will help people build affinity through events,” Parsons said. “We set (students) up with internships and jobs so students stay in Northeast Ohio.”

College 360 students will throw the first pitch at the game, which starts at 7:05 p.m.

“There are plenty of tickets available,” Parsons said. “Students can come to the festival and have a good time while benefiting a good cause.”

The $5 tickets are for lower reserve tickets.

For more information about College 360 and other events planned this year, log on to its Web site at www.college360.org.

– Breanne George