Semester on display for VCD students

Senior Illustration major Grant Jedlinsky’s portfolio is one of many visual communication design pieces displayed in the art building during the Senior Show.

Credit: Beth Rankin

Visual communication design students celebrated their annual senior portfolio exhibit over the weekend.

The event featured guest speaker Shelly Antrobius, the art director of Progressive Insurance, and showcased portfolios of senior and graduate students.

For some students, this event is the culmination of the semester because all of the finished work is finally on display.

“It’s so exciting to see all your work in a professional format and show a lot of people,” said Bethany Culp, senior visual communication design major. “The whole experience of putting the show together has been so gratifying to see everything come together.”

The senior portfolio exhibit takes place every spring and is considered a launching platform for job opportunities, said Lee Goske, professor of the portfolio class.

“The object of the class is to get students’ portfolios to a professional level,” Goske said. “It’s important to the students because they work so hard for so long and now they get to show off the product of their efforts, hopefully to a future employer.”

— Ali White