Best drunk food

Sophia Lucente

A customer sits at the bar of Euro Gyro, a bar and restaurant in downtown Kent.

Morgan McGrath, Reporter

FIRST: Euro Gyro

After a long night of drinking, there’s nothing like eating some incredible local food.

EuroGyro, located at 107 S. Depeyster St., welcomes hungry customers until 3:30 a.m. on Thursdays and Fridays, the prime time to devour some “drunk food.”

“People love pizza, but a lot of pizza places usually close around 10 [or] 11 o’clock,” manager Ryan Singleton said. “We’re open until 3 in the morning, so we stand out there, with our time.”

He said the wing sauces for sandwiches are another reason why the restaurant stands out, because when people are “drunk, they eat it all up.”

Singleton said that there are several items on the menu that people love including their pepperoni roll and their Guys on the Couch sub, which is filled with sirloin steak, grilled onions, mushrooms and green pepper sautéed in BBQ and hot sauce.

SECOND: Taco Bell

If you’re looking for the perfect place to “Live Mas,” Taco Bell offers classics like the crunchwrap supreme, cheesy gordita crunch, and baja blast, to name a few. 

This international Mexican fast food restaurant is open until 4:00 a.m. in Kent, giving late-night partiers the chance to grab a greasy meal at the end of a hectic weekend. 

“For some reason, our food just hits right in the late hours of the night,” said Trey Watson, a closing manager who has been working at Kent Taco Bell for four years now. 

Taco Bell on 805 E Main St. Pictured is the front of the building and is one of the many chain restaurants along this street. (Sydney Pike)

Amongst the nighttime crowd, Watson said the most popular menu items are the quesadillas, the quesaritos, a quesadilla-burrito combination, and the cinnabons, which can be ordered at the drive thru or with a mobile app like DoorDash. 

Taco Bell hosts an overall enjoyable environment during the day or the late hours of the night, Watson said.

It’s certainly a fan favorite amongst Kent students, especially after big events like “Halloweekend” and “Fake Patty’s Day,” which are popular times for partying.

THIRD: Guy’s Pizza 

Searching for the perfect slice of cheesy, gooey pizza after a long night out? 

Look no further than Guy’s Pizza, placed in the heart of downtown Kent on South Water Street. 

This Northeast Ohio pizza chain, “Home of the Guy Zone,” is open until 3:00 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, ready for hungry customers to grab the ultimate “drunk dinner.”

“We’re open late on the weekends,” said manager Evan Lundberg. 

He said people come to Guy’s not just for the pizza, but also for the convenience. He adds, “[The pizza] sauce is a little sweeter. I think people like that.”

Guy’s Pizza is available for both pickup and delivery, and they have everything from the classic pepperoni pizza to a variety of specialty slices. 

Their list of unique types of pizza includes the Sweet Hawaiian, Texas BBQ (topped with barbeque chicken, bacon, and red onions, this is Lundberg’s personal favorite menu item), Rustica, Buffalo Chicken, and Spinach & Artichoke, to name just a few. 

Recently, popular choices include the large 1 topping pizza for just $10, according to Lundberg. 

“And then, we do the $2 pizza by the slice, so if we’re talking about the drunk food crowd, it’s gotta be those as our top,” he said.

New to the menu, Guy’s Pizza also offers tater tots as a side dish, as well as oven-baked pasta and a Pesto Chicken wrap and/or sub. 

Stop into Guy’s for an exquisite pizza pie. 

Morgan McGrath is a reporter. Contact her at [email protected].