Kent State scores No. 107 among public institutions in the nation

Kent State University scored No. 107 among public institutions in the nation in the U.S. News & World Report 2022 Best Colleges rankings.

In an emailed announcement, Kent State President Todd Diacon said these rankings demonstrate that Kent State is a top public school and national university.

“I would like to thank our amazing faculty and staff whose dedication to student success and focus on helping our students reach their goals are reflected in these recognitions,” Diacon said.

The ranking is calculated based on a variety of factors such as undergraduate academic reputation, faculty resources and graduation and retention rates.

Kent State improved its ranking from last year by two spots. The university ranked higher on the list than any other public university in northern Ohio.

Kent State tied for No. 213 in national universities, No. 148 in nursing and No. 179 in top performers on social mobility.

Social mobility measures how well schools graduated students who received federal Pell Grants.

The university also ranked No. 103 among national public institutions on the top performers on social mobility list in Best Colleges.

Best Colleges also ranked Kent State at No. 110 among public institutions in the nation on a list of Best Undergraduate Nursing Programs, No. 117 on the Best Undergraduate Business Programs list and No. 145 on the Computer Science Programs list.

Megan Becker is an assigning editor. Contact her at [email protected].