Cribbs rallying support for Kent State

Associated Press

If Joshua Cribbs has anything to say about it, the Kent State baseball team is going to have a huge crowd behind it when it plays in the College World Series on Saturday.

Following the Browns’ mini-camp workout on Monday in Berea, Cribbs not only vowed to be in attendance at TD Ameritrade Park on Saturday at 5 p.m. when the Golden Flashes play Arkansas, but he also said he will do all he can to ensure many others will be there too to support his alma mater.

“I’m trying to get there,” Cribbs said, “I’m trying to get tickets through the university, trying to schedule a bus or something so a lot of students can get there. We’ll see if it happens.”

When asked a few minutes later for clarification, if he was really going to be a driving force behind getting more Kent State fans to Omaha, Cribbs said, “I’m am going to do what I can (to ensure) they are well-represented in Omaha.

“I’m going to make some calls to the University to see if they can help foot the bill for that. But I’m going to do my part to make sure those guys have a fan base out there cheering for them. This is a once-in-lifetime opportunity.”

When the sign-up sheet gets passed around, Cribbs won’t have to go far to find the first name to put on it — Browns teammate and fellow KSU alum Usama Young will gladly raise his hand.

“Oh yeah, I’m there,” Young said. “I was like, ‘Oh yeah, make sure you got room for me, because I’m going to support them.’

Courtesy of John Kampf, The Morning Journal.