Division of Student Affairs announces new Interim Dean of Students

https://www.kent.edu/smc/smc-staff-faculty

Talea Drummer-Ferrell has been promoted to Interim Dean of Students, effective Oct. 1.

Drummer-Ferrell built her credentials for this job through the University of Louisville, Eastern Michigan University and Miami University. Drummer-Ferrell has spent more than 10 years working with these universities in departments like athletics administration, diversity, equity and inclusion. 

Since 2016, Drummer-Ferrell served as the director of the Student Multicultural Center at Kent State.

As Interim Dean of Students, Drummer-Ferrell will lead several departments in student diversity experience and involvement, including the Center for Student Involvement, the Office for Student Conduct, the Center for Adult & Veteran Services, the Office of the Dean of Students and International Student Affairs.

Drummer-Ferrell will also be in charge of responding to student crises and abnormal happenings impacting students’ wellbeing, according to a press release. 

“I look forward to the great work that we will continue to do together as we enhance our approach to becoming a ‘student-ready’ campus where the needs of our students are at the forefront of all that we do,” said Interim Vice President of Student Affairs Lamar Hylton in a press release.

Contact Terry Lee III at [email protected]