Kent Wired

Kent Wired

Kent Wired

Meet the Staff

KentWired Editors

Isabella Schreck: Izzy is Editor-in-Chief. She is a sophomore journalism major who loves reading, writing, talking — and most importantly, asking a lot of questions. She previously was Sports Editor and a sports and general assignment reporter. She loves learning about other peoples’ stories and is grateful for the opportunity to share them with the public!

Ty Kohler: Ty is a senior journalism major and is Managing Editor. He has been writing here for a year and half and has worked as a reporter and a campus editor. He enjoys writing about sports the most.

Abigail Forbes: Abby is the Digital Content Manager. She is a senior double major in journalism and theatre management. This is her first semester working for KentWired, but she has held various positions at its partner TV2 and has been the Web Editor for the school’s fashion magazine, A Magazine, for the past few semesters. Abby enjoys doing feature pieces and telling stories about the community.

Katherine Masko: Katie is Social Media Director. On top of keeping up with the rapidly changing landscape of social media, she is a junior public relations major with double minors in advertising and leadership. Katie would rather write a short tweet about someone else’s story or create a new exciting design for Instagram than write something herself any day!

Grace Springer: Grace is the General Assignment Editor. She is a third-year journalism major at Kent State and covers board of trustees business and committee meetings. She also enjoys covering student protests on campus.

Jenna Bal: Jenna is in her second semester as a Campus Editor. She is a senior journalism major with minors in English and web development. As a previous sex and relationships reporter for KentWired, Jenna enjoys writing about this topic as well as other topics common in women’s magazines such as health, lifestyle and more.

Kaitlyn Finchler: Kaitlyn is Campus Editor and a senior majoring in journalism with a minor in public relations. In her four years with KentWired, she has served as Digital Content Manager, Social Media Director, as well as General Assignment, Features and Opinion Editor. She spent this past summer as a reporting intern at The Chautauquan Daily. She is a fourth-year member of Tri Sigma sorority, where she serves as the Internal Philanthropy chairwoman.

Cassidy Gladieux: This is Cassidy’s first semester as a Campus Editor and her last semester at Kent State. She is a senior journalism major with a minor in creative writing. Cassidy loves to read, run and write about anything related to lifestyle or health (physical, mental, sexual and more!).

Alexandra Golden: Alex is a Campus Editor and a senior journalism major with a minor in criminology and justice studies. She enjoys writing about anything, but she focuses primarily on crime and topics of that nature. She will talk to anyone and everyone about the murder trial she got to cover in her internship. Alex is excited to see what this semester brings!

Jacob Hansen: Jacob is Sports Editor. He is a senior journalism major with a minor in sports administration. He enjoys writing about sports.

Reegan Saunders: Reegan(they/he) is Opinion Editor. Saunders is a senior journalism major with a minor in print media & photography. As a writer, they focus on the Black and queer experiences, as well as internet culture.

Matthew Brown: Matthew is Photo Editor. He is a sophomore photography major, and he loves taking pictures of pretty much anything news.

Anthony Scilla: AJ is Assistant Photo Editor and a sophomore studying public relations. Photography has always been a passion of AJ’s, and he is excited to take this position. Last semester, he had the opportunity to write articles on housing and dining, and he helped cover the mill fire downtown.

Ashley McCormick: Ashley is the Copy Desk Chief and a senior English major. She enjoys catching up with what is happening at Kent State while proofreading and fact-checking articles. When she is not working, she is knitting, crocheting, playing video games or writing.

Emma Kiko: Emma is a junior majoring in digital media production. She is the Calendar Events Editor, and she enjoys writing about updates from different groups and organizations.

TV2 Board

Nuried Hurtado: Nuried is the General Manager. She is a junior journalism student with double minor in digital media production and public relations. She has been working with TV2 since Fall 2021 and has covered many different stories, such as the Jaden Smith Q&A event, Daisy Pop’s new storefront and the International Homecoming. Nuried has been in many different positions, and she loves the community TV2 gave her and the friends she made working with us.

Joshua Bailey: Josh is a senior majoring in journalism with a minor in marketing. He is currently News Director, serving previously as the Executive Producer. This is his final semester with TV2 and at Kent State. He spent this past fall interning at WKYC 3News in Cleveland. Josh is a big news junkie and enjoys sharing stories about the community.

Kelsey Drennen: Kelsey is Executive Producer. She is a senior majoring in journalism with a minor in dance. Kelsey likes to cover stories about what’s happening in downtown Kent. Her favorite thing about TV2 is she gets to meet and work with people who have the same goals as her.

Gabe Collura: Gabe is Sports Director. He is a junior majoring in journalism with a minor in sports administration. Gabe enjoys TV2 because it gives him the opportunity to cover sports in and around the Kent State campus, and it gives him real world experience in the field of sports journalism. He is also the play-by-play voice of the Kent State D1 Club Hockey team.

Anthony Furiga: Anthony is Entertainment Director. He is a junior digital media production major with a minor in advertising. He works in almost every field of TV2 — from entertainment to news to tech. Anthony loves the community and environment at TV2 and uses it as a valuable tool to develop his skills for work after college.

Jenn Lomman: Jenn is Operations Manager. She is a junior with a major in digital media production and a minor in Business. She joined TV2 when she first started at Kent State in 2021. She has had the time of her life meeting new friends, making new connections and contributing to the content creation/tech developments TV2 has made and accomplished in the past semesters. Jenn is excited to see what this semester will hold for TV2 and is grateful to be apart of the board!