Chick-fil-A and Texas Roadhouse to open new locations in Streetsboro

Michael Neenan
Construction in front of the Home Depot on State Route 14.

Chick-fil-A and Texas Roadhouse will open new locations in Streetsboro along State Route 14 across from Home Depot.

Streetsboro Mayor Glenn Broska estimates the locations will open in February or March 2025 according to a Facebook post.

“It’s about 6.6 million cars a year that go back and forth across the location that they’re going to be in,” he said. “The city of Streetsboro has grown exponentially for the last few years.”

The new restaurants are joined by Aldi, which will be moving its location from 1.6 miles up Route 14.

“It’s the last large parcel of land that we have left on State Route 14,” Broska said. “A developer came in and was able to acquire that parcel and then he went about finding tenants for it. Aldi wanted to move from where they’re currently at to make a larger facility.”

Meghan Paden, a senior nursing major and Streetsboro native, said she wishes a Chick-fil-A would have opened in the area sooner.

“I’m just glad they’re finally putting one in,” she said. “I was tired of driving 30 minutes to Cuyahoga Falls or driving the opposite way to Macedonia, so I just think it was a really smart business decision to put one in.”

Presently, the closest Chick-fil-A to the Kent State campus is in Cuyahoga Falls along Chapel Hill.

Paden says Texas Roadhouse is another restaurant that she loves, despite her and her friends having to drive long distances for it.

“I think that’s another place that’s [going to] get a ton of good business,” she said. “Texas Roadhouse is insanely popular.”

Currently, the closest Texas Roadhouse to Kent’s main campus is in Stow.

Michael Neenan is a reporter. Contact him at [email protected].

View Comments (1)