2015 Homecoming Court announced

Marvin Logan, former executive director of Undergraduate Student Government, and other USG members wave at onlookers during the Homecoming Parade on Oct. 18, 2014.

Kianna Bugglin

The Kent State Alumni Association has announced the members of the 2015 Homecoming Court.

Any student has the opportunity to apply for court, but they must have a GPA of more than 2.75, be in good academic standing with the university and have at least 90 credit hours.

The Center for Student Involvement’s homecoming selection committee reviews the applicants and selects six men and six women who they believe represent the university respectfully through their leadership in student organizations.

The women — who are all seniors — that are in the running for homecoming queen include communication studies major Amanda Bevington, journalism major Lauren Buchanan, communication studies major Hannah Firsdon, sociology major Tierra James, human development and family studies major Laura Roch and public health major McCall Sims.

The men in the running — also all seniors — for king include: integrated social studies major Ryan Borland, journalism major Zachary Downes, business major Terry Hugo, chemistry major Tom Joseph, finance major PJ Kimmel and human development and family studies major Joshua Longsdorf.

Voting for both homecoming king and queen begins on Wednesday, Sept. 30 at midnight and ends on Friday, Oct. 2 at noon. Students can vote for their favorite candidate on their FlashLine account.

The winners will be crowned at the homecoming football game on Saturday, Oct. 3 when the Kent State Golden Flashes welcome the Miami University Redhawks.

To learn more about this year’s homecoming court, visit http://www.ksualumni.org/s/401/social.aspx?sid=401&gid=1&pgid=2932

Kiana Bugglin is the entertainment editor for The Kent Stater. Contact her [email protected].