Alumni Association accepting Golden Flash Award nominations

Gabrielle Martinez

The Kent State University Alumni Association is accepting nominations until Dec. 31 for the Golden Flash Award, which recognizes a student who embodies Kent State spirit, pride and tradition.

“This is the second year for the Golden Flash award,” said Carrie Circosta, assistant director of student and recent graduate programs in Kent State’s Office of Alumni Relations. “We created this award as a way to recognize future alumni for all they contribute to the university.”

To be considered as a Golden Flash award nominee, students must be enrolled at Kent State during Fall 2015 semester and have a minimum GPA of 2.75.

The judging panel consists of Kent State alumni who serve on the National Alumni Board of Directors, Circosta said.

Nominators are required to fill out the formal application available on the Alumni Association’s website. The nominator must provide why the nominee should receive the Golden Flash award, how the nominee has served as a positive role model, the nominee’s organizational involvement as well as academic successes, award recognition and community service.

“The Alumni Association is looking to students, faculty and staff for nominations for this award,” Circosta said. “Students can even self-nominate.”

Students will receive notice of their nomination from the Alumni Association by February 2015. The winner will receive a congratulatory letter in May and will be honored with their award at the ceremony in Fall 2015.

Nominations can be made at at www.ksualumni.org/alumniawards.

Contact Gabrielle Martinez at [email protected].