‘Tis the Season for All’ show to be hosted by fashion students

Ella Abbott

Students in the “Fashion Show Productions” course at Kent State will be hosting a holiday fashion show titled “Tis the Season for All” Nov. 16 in the Rockwell Hall auditorium.

The class, made up of fashion design and merchandising majors, will be putting on an “all inclusive” fashion show with an emphasis on holiday looks. 

There will be a complimentary dessert reception and retailer networking event afterward.

“It’s kind of a Black Friday preview kind of thing,” said one of the show’s co-chairs Alexis Walker, a senior fashion merchandising major. “So, we have three scenes for the show.”

The scenes set up seasonal occasions to offer students inspiration for their own outfits or for gifts for the holidays.

“We kind of walk you through the holidays,” said the show’s other co-chair, Haley Haddix, a junior fashion merchandising major.

The outfits will start casual for spending time with friends and family in the first scene, more dressed up for family dinners or holiday functions in the second scene and end with formal wear for New Year’s Eve in the third scene.

The clothing for the show is being provided by partnering retailers such as Macy’s, Dillard’s, Versona, Famous Footwear, Francesca’s, Banana Republic and Altar’d State.

“It was just natural, being that we’re using retailers, that we would help them with doing their holiday (showcase), because Black Friday is in two weeks,” Haddix said. “It’s getting to college students that usually don’t leave campus, so it was a really big drawing point for them.”

The show will have 10 to 20 outfits for each scene and feature both women’s and men’s clothing. At the model call for the show, Walker said they emphasized an interest in diversity of models.

“We want diversity,” Walker said. “All genders, all sizes, all everything. It’s all inclusive.”

Haddix noted the show is created by Kent students, for Kent students.

“We wanted it to kind of look like our campus,” Haddix said. “We wanted to appeal to the college students and all of them.”

Tickets for the event are $10 in advance or $15 at the door. Students will be selling advance tickets in Rockwell Hall during the week from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.

Ella Abbott is the fashion reporter. Contact her at [email protected].