Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show draws crowd downtown

Ladies attend the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show viewing party hosted by Kent State Victoria Secret PINK representatives at Panini’s Bar and Grill in downtown Kent on Dec. 8, 2015.

Paige Verma

Kent State students filled Panini’s Bar and Grill to join the PINK team for the viewing of the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Tuesday night.

PINK had $2,000 worth of gifts to give away. PINK gave away Kent State apparel, sports bras – one being worn in the show by one of the models – beauty items, hats and scarves, said Christy Lodder, Kent State PINK representative.

Rush by Dino Palmerieri did all the hair and makeup for the representatives for the event and One Love Yoga gave coupons to be raffled off during the viewing party.

Ashley Cingel, a freshman exploratory major, came to take a break away from studying as finals week approaches.

Cingel said this is her first time really watching the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show and mainly came to the event for the free giveaways.

She also brought along friend Samantha Haley, a freshman early childhood education major.

Overall, many students came to the show to take a break.

“This is definitely a way to get away from papers and projects,” Haley said.

Holly Graham, a sophomore exploratory major, also was attended the watch party to get away from studying for finals and for the giveaways.

“I heard about the event through Twitter and Facebook…it’s my getaway from studying for finals,” Graham said.

The viewing of the Victoria Secret Fashion show has been growing each year since the representatives have hosted a viewing party

“The fashion show is a huge event on TV so that will drive some traffic.We like to hold it at restaurants and local businesses and that gets people hyped up… each time we do it the numbers keep growing,” Victoria Manenti, Kent State PINK representative, said.

For entertainment during the show, DJs Jose and Colton performed.

Contact Paige Verma at [email protected].