JMC Media Fair set for Wednesday

Aaron Corpora

The School of Journalism and Mass Communication’s Student Voice Team organized a JMC Media Fair for students of all majors to learn more about student media on Wednesday, April 8, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in Franklin Hall.

The Media Fair is an event for students to visit different media organizations and get to know more information about those organizations, said Alexandra Valverde, co-chair of the Student Voice Team and senior news major.

Franklin Advertising, Black Squirrel Radio, The Burr magazine and TV2 are a few examples of student organizations that will display their work to new members. Each student media outlet will have representatives available answer any question that an interested student might have.

“All students are invited, no matter what major they are,” Valverde said. “We want students to know that student media and other student organizations here are for everyone at Kent State.”

She said she hopes that students from across campus who have ever had any interest in working for these organizations will come to the event to learn more about what the organizations are and what they do and then hopefully be interested in joining them next year.

The Media Fair will also have hotdogs, popcorn, cotton candy and a scavenger hunt with a prize drawing at the end, Valverde said.

Contact Aaron Corpora at [email protected]