Is an MBA Right For You?

Gabrielle Martinez

Kent State students interested in advancing their business education can attend the event, “Is an MBA right for you,” on Wednesday, Nov. 5 in the Williamson Alumni Center from noon to 1 p.m.

A Master of Business Administration degree covers various aspects of business including accounting, finance, marketing, human resources and operations management. The Alumni Association-sponsored event will feature speaker Felecia Urbanek, the graduate coordinator of the MBA program at Kent State.

“She will provide what you need to know to make the best, informed decision about whether or not earning an MBA is the perfect fit for you,” said Carrie Circosta, the assistant director of student and recent graduate programs. “You’ll also learn how to research reputable MBA programs, the admissions process and what kind of coursework and time commitment to expect.”

Urbanek earned her bachelor’s degree in packaging from Michigan State University and her MBA from Kent State in 1998.

“I hope that students come away with an understanding of the requirements and curriculum in an MBA program,” Urbanek said. “Also that people from all disciplines can benefit from getting an MBA.”

The Career Development Series is free to register for and is open to current Kent State students, as well as faculty, staff and alumni. To register for the event, visit kent.edu/alumni.

Contact Gabrielle Martinez at [email protected].