Police look for man suspected of threatening two women on University Drive

Luke J. McIntosh

Nathan Mehring Reporter

Kent Police are asking for help in locating a suspect in what they say were two incidents of aggravated menacing that occurred on Friday, Sept. 18. The incidents involved the same suspect.

According to police, at 9:30 p.m. the suspect, Luke J. McIntosh, approached two women on University Drive, and threatened to shoot them. No weapon was seen. Later, he reportedly threatened a store clerk for refusing to sell him alcohol without identification, police said.

McIntosh is a 21-year-old Black male with tattoos on his face and neck: an AK-47 rifle on his left cheek, the word “Louie” in small print on his neck and the word “Bando” in red ink across his throat. He is 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs approximately 140 pounds and has short hair.

On his Facebook page, McIntosh says he studied at Kent State’s Fashion School. He uses the stage name Louie Bando when he performs as a rap singer.

Police said residents do not need to shelter in place, that the community is safe and they are actively looking for McIntosh. In a press release, Kent police stated they heard rumors about the incidents that ranged from a suspect who was seeking out fraternity and sorority students to an active shooter situation.

Anyone with information should contact the Kent Police Department at (330) 673-7732.

Nathan Mehring is a reporter. Contact him at [email protected].

SUPPORT STUDENT MEDIA 

Hi, I’m Lauren Sasala, a senior journalism student from Toledo. I’m also the editor in chief of The Kent Stater and KentWired this semester. My staff and I are committed to bringing you the most important news about Kent State and the Kent community. We are full-time students and hard-working journalists. While we get support from the student media fee and earned revenue such as advertising, both of those continue to decline. Your generous gift of any amount will help enhance our student experience as we grow into working professionals. Please go here to donate.