Crusade comes to Kent State

April Samuelson

Kent Impact Coach David Williams told students not to take a break from Christianity because the devil is relentless.

“We can not take a break from the Word,” he said. “Take a break from coursework, take a break from the football game, take a break with your significant other, but don’t take a break from your relationship with the Lord.”

Williams spoke to about 100 students from schools around the region such as Baldwin-Wallace College, Mount Union College and Lorain County Community College at the Campus Crusade for Christ Cleveland Metro meeting last night hosted by Kent Impact. Impact staff member Sandie Dyke said the goal of the meeting was to bring students from all over Northeast Ohio together to worship and hear how Christ can be relevant in their lives.

Presentations were also made about summer-break evangelism trips in Rome and the Campus Crusade Winter Conference.

Dyke said Campus Crusade expects to send 30 to 40 students to this year’s trip, which costs $1,550.

The trip isn’t just for eating pasta and pizza, he said.

“It’s for helping Italians know God personally and build a movement of believers in Rome,” he said.

Dyke said in past years, Campus Crusade took only about 15 students.

“That’s a huge goal for us, to take the most we’ve taken,” Dyke said. “We trust God to tell you if this is where you are supposed to go, if you are supposed to go spread the Word of God in another part of the world.”

The presentation persuaded Emily Menzies, second year biology student at Lorain County Community College, to try to go on the trip.

“I think it will be an exciting thing to do that I won’t be able to do otherwise,” she said.

Jonee Perry, freshman fashion design major and Kent Impact group member, said this was the first Metro meeting she has ever attended.

She said, “I think it’s awesome because we are bringing people together in one accord to celebrate Jesus Christ.”

Contact religion reporter April Samuelson at [email protected].