Psychological services readily available throughout campus

Meghan Williams

Students who are experiencing feelings of loneliness, depression, anxiety or homesickness have many options available on campus.

Students typically use psychological services in an effort to fix symptoms related to depression, social anxiety, eating disorders and college-related stress. About 20 percent of the U.S. population is affected by a mental disorder during a given year, according to the Mental Health report from the Surgeon General.

DeWeese Health Center

The DeWeese Health Center is behind the Ice Arena and beside Beall Hall. Psychological services is located on the 2nd floor of the DeWeese Health Center, and is staffed by licensed psychologists. The health center offers individual, couples and group therapy. Crisis intervention, psychological testing, and consultation services are also provided. Psychological services is open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Call 330-672-2487 to schedule an appointment. For more information and to book online appointments, visit http://uhs.kent.edu.

Psychological Clinic

The Psychological Clinic is located in Kent Hall and offers free services. All therapists in the clinic are clinical psychologists in training, who are all graduate students being supervised by a clinical faculty member. The clinic is open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Walk-ins are taken from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call (330) 672-2372 to make an appointment.

Counseling and Human Development Center

The Counseling and Human Development Center is located in room 325 of White Hall. They provide individual, couple, family, child, and group counseling sessions for developmentally-related concerns, according to the Counseling and Human Development Center Web site. The center is staffed by approximately 30 master and doctoral students who are supervised by university faculty.

The center is open for weekday and evening appointments. Services are confidential and free of charge to Kent State students. To make an appointment call (330) 672-2208.

Townhall II

Townhall II offers a 24-hour crisis helpline, counseling, mediation and more. The crisis helpline offers suicide prevention and intervention, rape crisis, domestic violence, drug and alcohol concerns, family problems, life stressors, information and referrals. When you don’t know where to call, Townhall II is always available. All calls are anonymous. Call toll free (866) 449-8518 or (330) 678-4357. The office is located at 155 N. Water St. Kent. For more information, visit http://www.townhall2.com.

Contact general assignment reporter Meghan Williams at [email protected]