Students share plans for fall break

A+fall+day+on+campus+on+October+5%2C+2023.+
Isabella Schreck
A fall day on campus on October 5, 2023.

Thursday, Oct. 5 is the official start of fall break for Kent State students and faculty. The two-day-long break gives them time to unwind from the stress of homework, classes and other commitments. 

Savannah Gyongyosi, a freshman exploratory major, and Dakota Ambrose, a sophomore early childhood education major, plan to go home and spend time with their family and loved ones. 

“It’s important to give students a mental break,” Ambrose said. 

Gyongyosi said students need to make sure to take time for themselves. 

Maxwell Gorman, a freshman nursing major, plans to go to Cincinnati on the extended weekend and visit friends. 

“The break gives us time to recoup,” Gorman said. “Regenerate our energy, to chill.” 

Gorman said he has been looking forward to this break for the past week and is excited for some time off. 

Christian Bragg, a freshman exploratory major, doesn’t have much planned for break but is still excited to not have classes. 

“It gives students a couple weeks to get into campus and then gives us a break,” Bragg said. “Especially if you have big assignments, it gives you time to catch up and relax, take some stress off from all of the school stuff as we get closer to midterms.” 

Bragg said he is happy to relax at home and play games with friends. 

“I already have Fridays off, so I only get one day off,” Bragg said. “But, I think it will be nice to have this extended break.” 

All four students said professors did not give out much homework over the break. 

“They don’t have any homework or assignments due on the break,” Gorman said. “‘Go enjoy the break,’ is what my professors seem to tell me.” 

Enjoying the break and taking time off is exactly what students plan to do this weekend.

Adrianna Quinlan is a reporter. Contact her at [email protected].