Sincere Carry drafted to NBA G League Memphis Hustle

Matthew Brown
Kent State redshirt senior Sincere Carry works around NIU sophomore Zarique Nutter as he crosses the court during the MAC Quarterfinals game against NIU March 8, 2023. Kent State would go on to win the game with a final score of 76-57.

Former Kent State men’s basketball guard Sincere Carry was drafted 38th in the 2023 NBA G League Draft, which is for the minor league teams of the NBA. 

Carry joins the list of 16 former Flashes playing professional basketball – none are on active NBA rosters. 

The 2022 Mid-American Conference Player of the Year was selected by the Memphis Hustle – an affiliate of the Memphis Grizzlies. 

Carry spent his first three collegiate seasons at Duquesne before transferring to KSU. 

He won All-MAC First Team and All-MAC Defensive Team in both seasons while leading Kent State to its first NCAA Tournament appearance since 2017. 

Carry is 18th in career points scored (1,222) and ninth in assists (329) in program history.

The last time a player from KSU heard their name called during the NBA Draft was in 1980, when the Kansas City Kings selected Trent Grooms. 

Only six players from KSU have been drafted to an NBA team in program history. The last Flash to make an appearance was John Edwards in 2006. 

Carry and the Hustle open their season on Nov. 19 against Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

Jacob Shondel is sports editor. Contact him at [email protected].