Puppy love: Paws for a Cause to take over student center for Kissing Booth event

Riley Vickerts
Maui, one of the dogs with Paws for a Cause, takes a walk through the winter snow Jan. 19, 2024.

This Tuesday, Paws for a Cause will fill the student center with their Kissing Booth event. The furry filled event promises a puppy love-filled afternoon with tons of everlasting puppy kisses.  

For a small charge of one dollar, students will have the opportunity to receive cute photo opportunities with the adorable service puppies and the chance to interact with Kent’s cutest companions. 

The kissing booth event gives an opportunity to spend time and hang out with the dogs while promoting the bigger purpose of how these puppies play a role as service dogs.

Emily Jackson, a senior special education major who is also a devoted member and puppy sitter for Paws for a Cause, expressed her excitement leading up to the event.

“I have always had a passion for the disability community, and combining that passion with the dogs and raising them for the disability community is what I love about Paws for a Cause,” Jackson said.

The funds raised during the kissing booth will go straight back to Paws for a Cause to help support the mission of educating and training service dogs. This will benefit individuals who need a furry companion, like the service puppies you will see at the Kissing Booth. One can donate by visiting their website

The Kissing Booth event also allows attendees to experience interactions with service puppies firsthand. 

“Education on service dog and handler education is also something we do. A lot of people don’t know how to actually interact with service dogs and handlers in public,” Jackson said.

The event will take place from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the second floor of The Student Center.

Riley Vickerts is a reporter. Contact her at [email protected].