University reports largest enrollment increase in over a decade

Abigail Griffith
The Kent State library located on 1125 Risman Dr.

The university has seen its largest increase in spring enrollment since 2011, according to the 15-day enrollment report published the week of Feb. 12.

The document reported 31,219 students across the eight-campus system, a 2.06% increase from the 30,508 in spring 2023. 

The last spring semester to record a greater change in enrollment was spring 2011, which saw the University’s eight-campus system grow from 38,196 students to 39,936 students, which represents a 4.56% increase.

Spring 2024 also represents the first time KSU has seen consecutive semester growth in the Spring since 2013.

There are 23,788 students enrolled on the Kent campus this spring semester. This represents a 2.88% increase from the 23,123 in spring 2023.

The regional campuses reported 7,431 students, a decrease of 34 students from spring 2023.

The Geauga campus recorded the highest loss of any regional campus with 1,010 students enrolled this semester as opposed to 1,101 students in spring 2023, accounting for a decrease of 8.29%.

The Tuscarawas campus saw the greatest increase in student enrollment of any regional campus. The report counts 1,155 students, an increase of 78 students from the previous spring semester.

Kent State’s Stark campus remains as the regional campus with the highest enrollment of 2,110 students attending the campus, an increase of its enrollment by 41.

Michael Neenan is a beat reporter. Contact him at [email protected]