International Student Council to host fashion, talent show

International fashion and talent show

Katia Rodriguez

The International Student Council will be hosting its largest event for the spring semester, the International Fashion and Talent Show, in the Student Center ballroom at 7 p.m. March 15.

The goal of the event is to bring the American and international students together.

“We had around 25 percent Americans last year who attended, which is good for an international event,” said Kenny Hilston, a senior biotechnology major and a member of the ISC board. “Often, Americans do not feel they can come for some reason.”

At the the event “there will be international food from 11 different countries, also great entertainment. Half is performance and half is traditional clothing models,” Hilston said.

The countries represented at the event will be China, South Korea, Latin America, Jordan, Oman and the United States.

Isis Guijosa, a sophomore global studies major, is part of a dancing organization called Movimento. At the International Fashion and Talent Show, Moviemento will dance salsa, bachata and reggaeton, which are popular Latin American dances, Guijosa said.

“We represent a lot of Latin American countries through dancing,” Guijosa said.

“This will be my last year hosting,” Hilston said, “so I hope this is the one I will remember the most.”

Katia Rodriguez covers international students. Contact her at [email protected].