John Mulaney announced as second fall performer

John+Mulaney

John Mulaney

Aaron McDade

Stand-up comedian John Mulaney was announced as the Undergraduate Student Government’s next sponsored performance in a tweet Tuesday.

Mulaney will perform in the M.A.C. Center Nov. 25 at 8 p.m., with doors opening at 7 p.m.

Tickets go on sale for Kent State students Nov. 2 at 10 a.m. and to the public Nov. 9 at 10 a.m. Upper bowl tickets will be $30, floor tickets will be $40 for students, and tickets for the public will be $50.

Mulaney is a stand-up comedian from Chicago, Illinois who has had a wide-ranging career in comedy.

He graduated from Georgetown in 2004, and started working at Comedy Central, eventually going on to write for Saturday Night Live for six seasons.

He made a few appearances on Weekend Update in addition to working with cast member Bill Hader to create the incredibly popular character “Stefon.” He also returned to host an episode in 2017.

He has three stand-up comedy specials available on Netflix: “New in Town,” “The Comeback Kid” and “Kid Gorgeous at Radio City.” Mulaney won an Emmy for Outstanding Writing for a Variety Special for Kid Gorgeous, and received a nomination in the same category for The Comeback Kid.

In addition to his stand-up specials, Mulaney also starred in a Broadway show titled Oh, Hello, which he created and wrote with fellow comedian Nick Kroll, who Mulaney met at Georgetown and has worked with on several other projects.

Aaron McDade is the jobs and money reporter. Contact him at [email protected].