Flash Technology Center and Student Accessibility Services team up to explore accessibility through technology

Jenna Langan

October is disabilities awareness month.

On Oct. 5 the Flash Technology Center and student accessibility services will bring in representatives from Apple to explore assistive technologies that are built into various Apple products.

“During the month of October, the Flash Technology Center will offer attendees an additional $10 to $30 off the educational price depending on the model they purchase,” said Tom Parsons, the computer sales manager of the Flash Technology Center.

Every iPad, iPhone and Mac comes equipped with assistive technologies that can enhance and enable all types of learners to succeed.

With the new iOS 11 and OS X 10.3 High Sierra updates, Apple is furthering accessibility technology even more.

This work session hopes to highlight the basics of using assistive technology and how it can help anyone reach their potential regardless of physical or learning disabilities.

Apple representatives will be present to help attendees navigate built-in accessibility features and third-party apps.

The event will be a hands-on and interactive session. It’s suggested to bring an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch with the latest version of iOS. However, it is not required.

Interested in purchasing a new iPad or Mac at a time other than this month? The Flash Technology Center is always there to help.

“Students, faculty and staff already qualify for Apple low education pricing, which can be anywhere from $20 to $50 off depending on the model they buy,” Parsons said.

The Technology Accessible to Everyone event will take place on Oct. 5, from 1-3 p.m. in the Kent Student Center room 310 A-B.

Seating is limited, RSVP to [email protected].

Jenna Langan is the KSU consumer-tech reporter. Contact her at [email protected].