Commuter students can take advantage of end of semester events on campus

Commuter+week

Commuter week

Natalie Eusebio

The Center for Student Involvement will be putting on a slew of events that commuter students can take advantage of as the semester comes to an end.

Rebecca Blaha is an assistant director for Kent Student Center Programming and oversees commuter services. Blaha said that these events are not specifically for commuter students, but she recommended that students take advantage of the free activities.

The Center for Student Involvement partnered with the Student Recreation and Wellness Center to provide students with Hip-Hop Yoga classes on Monday nights in April. These sessions will take place in the Student Center from 7-8:30 p.m.

During Wednesdays in April, students can take advantage of the Craft Day happening from 7-9 p.m. in the Student Center.

“This week we will be making vision boards,” said Blaha. “Then the week after that we will be decorating graduation caps. It’s crazy to think that the semester is almost over!”

If commuter students are looking to get out of the house during finals week, there will be a late night study session available in the Student Center. Late Night Studying will take place May 7, 8 and 9 from 7-10:30 p.m for students looking to hit the books before their final exams.

All of these events are free for Kent State University students.

Natalie Eusebio is the commuter and apartments reporter. Contact her at [email protected].