Best Event/Festival

Rose Driehaus

First Place — Fake Patty’s Day

Usually held about a week before St. Patrick’s Day, Fake Patty’s Day brings out an enormous crowd to the city of Kent for a day of fun and booze.

With students starting festivities at as early as six in the morning, the fraternity houses and bars are full of students and Kent residents sporting green.

Dominic Morris, a bartender at Ray’s Place, said “A lot of students come out all day, instead of just at night and it’s been really good for business- probably one of our busiest days all year,” said Dominic Morris, a bartender at Ray’s Place.

Second Place — Halloween/Potterfest

Tieing for second, Halloween and Potterfest both provide some spooky fun.

Halloween at Kent is usually celebrated whichever weekend that it falls on and is one of the city’s busiest holidays. With people of all ages dressed up in costumes and heading towards the bars, downtown is filled with interesting characters.

Potterfest, on the other hand, is an event hosted by Main Street Kent in July. Thousands show up to Acorn Alley dressed in their favorite Harry Potter costumes to celebrate the franchise. The event is kid friendly and includes live music, face painting and more.

Third Place — Homecoming

The best event to show off your blue and gold pride is at Homecoming. Each year Kent State students from the past and present show up to support their Golden Flashes.

Starting off homecoming in the morning at the Homecoming parade, you can enjoy entertainment from the Kent State marching band, cheerleaders, dance team and many other student organizations.

From tailgating to free t-shirts, there’s so many fun ways to celebrate your school. Not to mention, you’ll have plenty of pictures to post on Instagram.

Rose Driehaus is an entertainment reporter. Contact her at [email protected].