Morgan Marshall

Photo of Morgan Marshall.

Candidate for Director of Academic Affairs

What’s your platform?

“My main goal for being in this position, is to really get the students input on academics at Kent State, so I’m running for Director of Academic Affairs. So what I want to try to do is engage students and faculty together. So one of my big projects that I want to do is engagement session, so getting faculty and students together, talking, being able to network, being able to bounce ideas off each other, share things that are going right and wrong. That is something that I really want to do. I also want to provide support and be like an advocate for professional organizations. I think there is a lot of good things that can come out of those, those being the living-learning communities, honors societies, different clubs, just really supporting those and getting their ideas on what goes on or going well in the programs. Really listening to what the senators for each college have to say, so running status reports, having them give me monthly updates on what’s going right and wrong in each college, just so I can really gather student input, and really try and help get what the students want out of academics.”

Why should people vote for you?

I think one of the main reasons is that, I have experience on USG, I’m the current Senator for Residence Halls, so I’ve been in this position before, I’ve worked on USG, I’ve helped pass legislation, I’ve helped write bills and resolutions, so I kind of know this position and I know what is expected. I’ve been a senator, I’ve done these reports. I’m also a leader, being in this current position I’m also an RA, and also on the executive board of my sorority, so I really have that leadership and that experience which I think that would make me very qualified for this position.”

What changes are you looking to enact?

“Really something that I want to try to get changed is to try to get students more involved and give more students a say, so I really want to try to emphasis getting students involved, hearing what students have to say, by however that would work; also listening to faculty input as well. So really trying to gather as much input as I can and really listen to what everybody wants to have changed or if there are any issues that is something that I really want to try and focus on.”