Kent Interhall Council to hold Casino Night

Casino+1

Casino 1

Angela Radesic

Students will have the opportunity to win an array of prizes at the Kent Interhall Council Casino Night Nov. 15 from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom.

Ricky Lovell, the director of student relations for Kent Interhall Council, said this event is open to all students and is completely free.

“The reason that we decided to do it was because it is the end of the semester and we wanted to have a good time and bring people out,” Lovell said. “(We wanted to) build community as well as just help to show what all the residents halls can do when we come together as one team to put on an event.”

Students will be handed a cup full of plastic chips outside of the ballroom they can use to place bets. The chips can be cashed in for raffle tickets for a chance to win big prizes. There will also be free refreshments for those who attend.  

Kent Interhall Council will be giving away smart TVs, a Nintendo Switch, an Apple Watch, Amazon Kindles and Bluetooth speakers, among other prizes.

“We have some professional games coming so there are actual casino dealers coming to play roulette,” Lovell said. “There will also be a craps table, blackjack, digital horse racing, bingo and some prize wheel boards.”

Students have to be present to win prizes, but they are welcome to come and go as they please.

“I think it will be a good time, I know it is on a Wednesday night, but there will be free food, games, and live music,” Lovell said. “It is a great chance to get out there and you never know who is going to win.”

Angela Radesic is the jobs and finance reporter. Contact her at [email protected].