Preview Day invites high school seniors to experience Kent State

Devon Recktenwald

Kent State is inviting current high school seniors and their families to Preview Day on Oct. 21 for the opportunity to experience campus firsthand.

The program includes admissions and financial aid presentations, an academic and student services resource fair, campus tours and model residence hall room viewing.

Aaron Berger, the assistant director of admissions, urges high school students to take advantage of the event to learn more about the university.

“The format is essentially that everybody has the opportunity to tour the campus,” Berger said. “There are academic resource fairs, which if you’re looking for a specific program, you would have the ability to ask somebody from that college about that program.”

Berger said about 400 students are registered for the program, making it the largest prospective student visit day for Kent State and the only open house this fall.

More than 50 tour guides will work the event. Admissions pairs tour guides with students for the campus tour.

The day kicks off at 10 a.m. in the Student Center Ballroom and lasts until 2:30 p.m.

Students interested in Preview Day can register by calling the Admissions Office at 1-800-988-5368.

Devon Recktenwald is the recruiting and retention reporter. Contact her at [email protected].