College of Business Administration to introduce $2,500 competition at open house

Alex Wilcox

The College of Business Administration will be providing information on a pitch competition with a cash prize up for grabs during its open house on Wednesday.

A session on the 2018 Center for Entrepreneurship and Business Innovation competition, which provides the opportunity for students to pitch their business ideas to a panel for the chance at winning $2,500, will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

The entire open house, which will be divided into four separate sessions, will be taking place in room A123 of the Business Administration Building.

The first session of the day, which will take place from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., will provide students the opportunity to visit with business owners, both local and from other cities across Ohio, to discuss the makings and details behind each business.

From 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., students will be able to meet and talk with Deborah Spake, the dean of the college of business. Spake will be available to answer any questions concerning the college and programs that it offers.

Lastly, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., students will receive in-depth information on student organizations within the college. A variety of organizations within the college will be present.

Additional information about the open house, including a full list of business owners and student organizations that will be in attendance, can be found at the College of Business Administration’s official website.

Alex Wilcox is the College of Business Administration reporter. Contact him at [email protected].