About Kent State Student Media

Student Media Logo

KentWired Staff

KentWired.com is the hub of all Kent State Student Media. Featuring top news, entertainment, community and campus news, sports and video, KentWired is the place to turn to for everything Kent. The site also features classifieds, daily podcasts, newscasts and live streams to TV2 and Black Squirrel Radio. Kentwired is also the key source to news over the summer months.

The Kent Stater

The Kent Stater is an award-winning student-run newspaper. Reaching more than 15,000 people per issue, the Stater keeps the community up-to-date with campus, local and national news, sports and features. The Stater publishes on Monday , Wednesday and Thursday and has a circulation of 6,750 per day. During the summer months, The Kent Stater runs special print issues and the annual Orientation issue to welcome back students.

TV2

TV2 is Portage County’s only local television station. TV2 reaches more than 26,000 homes on Time Warner Cable channel 16 and more than 7,500 Kent State students on campus television channel 2-2. The station is also streamed live. TV2 is Kent State’s source for anything the Kent community wants to know. Interactive news that tells you what is going on around you. Weather updates that keep you connected to the ever-changing weather in Northeast Ohio. Live sporting broadcasts and the source for all of Kent State’s and Portage Trail Conference sports.

Black Squirrel Radio

Black Squirrel Radio (BSR) is a student-run radio station located on the main campus of Kent State University. Known for its’ large selection of urban, rock and local music, BSR also showcases numerous local bands and entertainers for in-studio performances and interviews. BSR is available via www.blacksquirrelradio.com, several stream options, iTunes under College Stations, the Tune In App and on channels 2-4 and 2-6 on KSU campus television. BSR has a popular following with more than 3,200 Twitter followers and 3,000 Facebook fans. The site averages almost 10,000 listeners per month.

KSUIF

Kent State University Independent Films (KSUIF) is a production company and student organization that allows students with a passion for film to gain real-world experience. KSUIF works as a student-run production company, producing a wide variety of content including webseries, short films, award-winning music videos, documentaries, TV shows and feature films. KSUIF is one of three organizations in the country that allows students to create full-length feature films.

A Magazine

A Magazine is Kent State’s publication for all things fashion, beauty and culture on campus and beyond. A Focuses on both women’s and men’s fashion and has companion website that is updated regularly, providing students with the latest fashion industry and more. 

The Burr

The Burr, an independent, award-winning magazine and its companion website, burr.com, allows students the opportunities to do original reporting and write feature articles and personal essays.

Fusion

Fusion, Kent State’s first lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning magazine, has been recognized by the Society of Professional Journalists for excellence.

Luna Negra

Luna Negra, Kent State’s literary publication, offers a blend of poetry, prose, photography and illustration.

Uhuru

Uhuru is an award-winning magazine focused on matters concerning minorities, with an emphasis on the Pan-African experience.