USG hosts Study-a-thon

Nathaniel Harvey

On Sunday, Kent State’s Undergraduate Student Government is hosting a 12-hour study marathon, also known as the Study-a-thon, in the Student Center Ballroom.

The Study-a-thon will have free food, study materials, coffee and academic tutors that specialize in writing, math and science. The Study-a-thon will also include raffles with prizes such as gift cards, donations and a larger-scale technology prize at the end of the night.

Natalia Roman, director of academic affairs for USG, is the person in-charge of the event.

“Study-A-Thon is a 12-hour study marathon to incentivize students to prepare for finals,” Roman said. “It targets students who are still trying to adapt to college and that are trying to acquire study skills that are helpful to them.”

When asked about the big prize, Roman said she could not give anything away, but students will want to be there for the whole time if they want to win it. For every hour that students are studying, they will receive a raffle ticket.

“The more hours you study, the more raffle tickets you have (and) the more likely you are to get the prize,” Roman said. “If you’re here for 10 hours, you can put your 10 tickets in the last raffle and get the big technological device.”

The Study-a-thon starts Sunday and will run from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Nathaniel Harvey is the activities reporter, contact him at [email protected].