Spring 2021 graduates to have in-person commencement ceremonies

Madisyn Woodring Reporter

Spring graduates from Kent State’s main campus will have the option to attend an outdoor commencement ceremony, according to an email President Todd Diacon sent Thursday. 

The ceremonies will begin the week of May 10 and will be held at the Centennial Court Green. Flashes Safe Eight safety measures will be implemented, such as social distancing and wearing face coverings. 

Each student will receive four tickets for their family and friends to attend the event. Students interested in participating in the graduation ceremony must RSVP by April 8.  

Every in-person commencement will be livestreamed, and a virtual commencement ceremony will be held on May 15 for graduates to attend remotely.

Kent State regional campuses will receive announcements from each campus dean regarding their commencement, but the press release states that regional campus students can attend the ceremonies at the main campus as well. 

The College of Podiatric Medicine will have its commencement on May 21 at the Kent Campus Student Green, the press release stated. 

Virtual celebrations will be held for Karamu Ya Wahitimu, Celebración de los Graduados and Lavender Graduation this semester. More details about these events will be released at a later time. 

Students who graduated from Kent State in 2020 have the opportunity to join an in-person commencement during Homecoming Weekend 2021 this fall. 

Updates on spring 2021 commencement ceremonies can be found on the university’s commencement website

Madisyn Woodring is a reporter. Contact her at [email protected].