(Orientation) New apartments in Kent

Angelo Angel

Housing the students of Kent State has become a competitive market. Two new complexes are hoping to entice those on the apartment-hunt to fill empty rooms and stake claim on the college living space landscape.

345 Flats

With the impending return of college students for the fall semester, 345 Flats will be one of the new apartment buildings offering a variety of housing options. 

New to the Kent apartment game, 345 Flats is a four-story complex with prime downtown proximity. One, two and four bedroom living spaces are offered, as well as studio options. Rates currently range as low as $650 and as high as $1,000.

Amenities include air conditioning, a fitness center, garage and cable. Pets are not allowed.

Brittany Mullen, a property manager for 345 Flats, stated that one of the benefits of the apartment building is its closeness to downtown Kent and the university.

“Locations is definitely one of our biggest selling points,” Mullen said. “Just being close to downtown and the university is such a plus, along with the brand new apartment rooms.”

And with the community continuing to grow in population, Mullen hopes that residents who are looking for a new home or incoming students coming to Kent State will consider 345 Flats as an option.

345 Flats is currently leasing its apartment rooms and is located at 345 S. Depeyster St.

Avant 220

As the only apartment complex set in the heart of downtown Kent, Avant 220 is anticipating its debut as one of the most distinguished apartments available in the college town.

Located directly above the restaurant Bricco, Avant 220 consist of 52 “micro suites” designed to accommodate one person. Rates start at $750 with a variety of floor plans to choose from.

The venue’s website boasts Avant 220 as Kent’s “newest, modern urban-living apartments” that “gives you everything you want and nothing you don’t.”

Its amenities include a kitchen, washer and dryer in the apartment, a flat screen television and more noticeably and spa showers.

Fairmont Properties, the developers behind Avant 220, has done previous work such as University Circle in Cleveland, Ohio, and College Town in Kent, Ohio.

Avant 220 is currently accepting applications and is located at 220 S. Depeyster Street.