Kent Clarks celebrates 5th anniversary

The Kent Clarks perform at Blastoff at Risman Plaza on Aug. 30, 2016.

Jack Kopanski

Kent State’s acapella group, the Kent Clarks, will be hosting their fifth anniversary concert at 7:30 p.m. this Friday in the Student Center Ballroom.

The Clarks were the first acapella group to appear on Kent State’s campus. The group has competed both in and out of state, performing  for Kent State President Beverly Warren, on The Today Show and for the president and first lady of the United States.

“We have built a strong name for ourselves over these past five years,” said Meghan Fitzgerald, president of the Kent Clarks. “We have been around so long and have been given incredible opportunities, and we love doing them all together as a family.”

The family aspect of the group is what encouraged growth, and Fitzgerald said she can’t wait for the future of the group.

“We always want to grow with new members and can’t wait to see what Kent (State) has to offer,” Fitzgerald said. “The Kent Clarks are a very diverse group of students that come together to do the one thing we all love to do most: sing.”

Fitzgerald also said students should come to the anniversary show because the group has worked very hard to put on an amazing show for friends, students and fans.

Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for Kent State students at the door.

Jack Kopanski is the performing arts reporter for The Kent Stater, contact him at [email protected]