Warren recovering following surgery

Students painted the rock on the front of campus in honor of President Beverly Warren, who recently revealed that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Saturday, April 9, 2016.

Ian Flickinger

Kent State President Beverly Warren is recovering after an operation Friday.

Melody Tankersley, senior associate provost, announced during Kent State’s Lavender Graduation, Friday, that Warren had successfully undergone surgery and was in recovery.

Warren said that doctors discovered she has breast cancer during a routine physical examination.  In a university-wide email, Warren said she would be working on a limited schedule for the remainder of the semester.

Provost Todd Diacon sent out an email to faculty and staff addressing how students and the Kent State community can send well-wishes to the president. 

“Student’s well wishes may be delivered to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, room 250 Kent Student Center, this is being coordinated by the VP, Student Affairs,” the email said. “For email wishes please use:  [email protected].”

Ian Flickinger is the senior reporter for The Kent Stater. Contact him at [email protected].