Kent State Tuscarawas to host Blue and Gold Night

Alyssa Ronyak

Kent State Tuscarawas will host a Blue and Gold Night on March 14 in the Tuscarawas Performing Arts Center. The event will showcase what academic programs the campus has to offer to high school juniors and seniors, as well as prospective, current and transfer students.

The event will show a variety of areas of study including nursing, psychology, English, business, communications, criminology and engineering technology.

Admissions, alumni, student clubs, athletics and financial aid will also be available at this event. This event is tailored to high school students, to show them a little more of what Tuscarawas has to offer.

Jennifer Greer, academic adviser, has been with Kent State Tuscarawas for nine years and she said enjoys putting on these types of events for students.

“Kent State Tuscarawas, as a whole, will make this event successful, Green said. “Our faculty, staff, and especially current students make our campus what it is, a friendly, safe and exciting environment to learn and grow.

Blue and Gold Night is designed to be a self-guide event, so prospective students can explore the areas of study they are interested in and interact with current students to get a feel for what they are interested in.

Students who know what they would like to major in have the opportunity to speak directly to more than 15 professors and directors. 

“The faculty here at Kent State Tuscarawas are focused on teaching. They each bring unique skills, talents and experience to their courses and get to know their students on an individual level,” Greer said. “This is a great way for faulty, professors and even student clubs to really demonstration what they have to offer in a short amount of time.

“We have all the benefits of a small college with the resources of a large university” Greer said.

The event will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. and is open to the general public as well.

Alyssa Ronyak is a regionals reporter for The Kent Stater. Contact her at [email protected].