Mid-East Honors Association conference approaches

Zachary Kinkaid

With the 2016 conference approaching for the Mid-East Honors Association (MEHA) on April 1-3, Kent State honors students are required to submit research proposals for presentations at the conference.

The MEHA website states that it is a regional affiliate of the National Collegiate Honors Council, which encourages and supports honors programs in the region. Institutions of higher education from Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and West Virginia are welcome to participate.

The coming MEHA conference is a chance for students to submit research of any kind to present in April, said Aaron Hanlin, coordinator of admissions at the honors college.

The only requirement for submissions is to be an undergraduate honors student and submit the proposals by Feb. 15.

“There will be a banquet and we will be giving out several awards for top presentation or for best prose and poetry submission to Brainchild,” Hanlin said.

Hanlin said the conference is an opportunity that students shouldn’t be afraid of.

“It’s a great opportunity for students to practice their communication,” Hanlin said.”It’s much less intimidating than a national conference so it gives good experience and good practice.”

For more information please look to the Mid-East Honors Association website.

Zachary kinkaid is the continuing studies and distance education reporter for The Kent Stater, contact him at [email protected]