Amy Schumer to perform Sunday

Amy Schumer backstage at the 67th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday, Sept. 20, 2015.

Alex Gray/Payton Moore

Comedian, actress, writer and producer Amy Schumer will perform at the M.A.C. Center Sunday night at 8 p.m.

Sophomore communication studies student Andrea Rinehart is excited to see her perform. Rinehart enjoyed watching her in the recent romantic comedy “Trainwreck,” and keeps up with Schumer’s appearances on “The Ellen Degeneres Show.”

“She’s hilarious. I like her because she says whatever, and that’s great. Not many people are really like that today,” Rinehart said.

Schumer made her reputation through theater and stand-up comedy. She also appeared on “30 Rock,” “Girls” and “Curb Your Enthusiasm.” Her Comedy Central TV Show, “Inside Amy Schumer,” has received five Primetime Emmy nominations and a Peabody Award since 2013.

Tickets for Schumer sold out the day of release. For more information, contact KSU’s Undergraduate Student Government at 330-672-3207.

Alex Gray is the USG and politics reporter for The Kent Stater and Payton Moore is an assigning editor for The Kent Stater. Contact them at [email protected] and [email protected].