Lurken’s career night not enough

Redshirt freshman guard Tyra James goes for layup against CSU in the M.A.C. Center on Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2015. The Flashes lost 60-49 to Cleveland State.

Ty Sugick

Kent State’s women’s basketball team lost 68-60 Tuesday on the road to the Bradley Braves of Bradley University.

The Flashes shot under 40 percent from the field the whole night. On top of that, the team had 24 turnovers. Though Braves did not shoot any better from the field, the turnover turnovers got the best of the Flashes.

On a positive note for the Flashes, junior guard and forward Larissa Lurken had a career night, totaling 25 points and seven rebounds. Lurken was one of only two Flashes to reach double-digits in scoring on the night. Sophomore guard Naddiyah Cross, that scored ten points.

Kent State won the rebound battle by a plus 14 margin, the opposite of what happened in their Saturday night victory against North Dakota State University.

Tuesday night’s game also marked the end of a great run by sophomore forward Jordan Korinek, who finished the previous five games in double digit scoring. During that five game run, Korinek averaged 22 points and 7.6 rebounds.

The Flashes will have two more games before conference play to clean up the rough areas of offense. Flashes take on against the Youngstown State University Penguins on Saturday at noon in the Beeghly Center in Youngstown.

Ty Sugick is a sports reporter for The Kent Stater. Contact him at [email protected].