Alumni Association looking for Golden Flash Award nominations

Danie Minor

The Kent State University Alumni Association is on the lookout for next year’s Golden Flash Award winner. They are accepting nominations for the award until Dec. 31.

The Golden Flash Award is given to a student who not only is a leader on campus or the community, but who is also a role model for other students.

“We are really looking for a well-rounded student who bleeds that blue and gold pride that is in all of us,” said Dennis Watson, Alumni Association’s assistant director of student and recent graduate program alumni relations.

To be considered for this nomination, the student must be enrolled at Kent State during fall 2016 semester and have a minimum GPA of 2.75.

In addition, the student should be one who is “well-rounded and promotes Kent State pride.”

According to Alumni Associations website, “Judging is done by the Alumni Awards Committee of Kent State University. The committee will review and make determinations on the nominations for the Golden Flash award.”

This year’s Golden Flash Award winner is senior Douglas Defouw. Defouw was awarded because of his efforts within the Kent community and his leadership within the ROTC program. Defouw started the ROTC program’s Relay for Life team at Kent State. 

To nominate an outstanding student for the Golden Flash Award, visit www.ksualumni.org/alumniawards

Danie Minor is the alumni reporter for The Kent Stater. Contact her at [email protected].